DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, September 08, 2006

Furniture Fixation

First he jumps on couches and then he turns the tables on me. Tom Cruise has thrown me for a loop by apologizing to Brooke Shields. How can I make fun of him when he acts this way? They also released Suri pictures this week so my dream of an early retirement is over. OK Tommy, I'm sorry too.

There’s been a lot going on. I’m still tired from being up late at the SF Symphony opening night but hanging with the socialites always puts me in a mood to write. The only downside to the gala affair was that I was wearing the same gown as the Patrons Dinner co-chair. According to the Chron, she glowed “in the dove gray J. Mendel”. I was glowering since I bought mine first. I guess I’ll have to wait until opera season to make a splash.

I’m beginning to become worried about the blog business. It came out this week that Barbara Walters wants Rosie O’Donnell to stop talking about The View on her blog. Next Baba will want me to stop talking about Rosie talking about The View. You see how these things can snowball. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t want Rosie to stop talking on her blog. I want her to stop talking, period. In addition, James Frey and Randon House have agreed to settle lawsuits filed by readers of "A Million Little Pieces". This sets a precedent and I might be sued as well. After reading my blog, the complainants will be seeking damages because “that’s 15 minutes of my life I’ll never get back”.

Elsewhere in the celebrity world, Paris Hilton was nailed for DUI while speeding in her half million dollar Mercedes. She also recently made the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s “Most Overrated Person” That must be a new category. The buzz in Hollywood is that there will be a remake of The Wizard of Oz. Paris and Keira Knightley are up for The Scarecrow role.

This just in. Oprah is not gay and Francisco Franco is still dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home