DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Diddy Or Didn’t He

In a story of earth shattering importance, it was decided that P. Diddy can’t shorten his name to Diddy in the UK, since there already is, believe it or not, another Diddy. I had found out about this a few days ago but 4M informed me yesterday. He thinks he feeds me vital blog material so I didn’t have the heart to tell him I’m always a few steps ahead of him, especially with the celebrity news. This item especially resonated with 4M. He had wanted to change his moniker to 5M but there was a lesser oenophile in Manteca that already had it taken. I did have some concerns about blogging about Puffy’s, I mean, Diddy’s name issues. I thought he may not care for my approach and therefore there was a distinct possibility that either he, or one of his employees, would bust a cap in my ass. Fortunately 4M pointed out that he had never noticed a sarcastic tone in my posts. There’s also the fact that Diddy does not read my blog.

I see that Brad Pitt has stated that he’ll marry Angelina when everybody who wants to get married can. He thinks he’s hip but I tried that idea on my wife back in ’87 and she put the kibosh on it. But lately she pissed at me for several mentions in my blog. She even told me recently that she thinks that “maybe we should start seeing other people”. I told her to consider changing her name to distract her.

The word from NY Fashion Week is that billowy dresses and short skirts are back in. I wish they had been a bit timelier with that info. I could have worn one of my classic billowy dresses to the SF Opera opening instead of that same old dove gray J. Mendel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home