DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Wedding Bells

The wife and I spent the weekend at The Pendry, a luxury hotel in San Diego, because we are luxurious people.  We were there for the wedding of my wife’s cousin’s son.  The blessed event took place on Saturday, which happened to be our 34th anniversary.  We were also wed in San Diego.

We had a great time seeing family and friends.  I could say that the best part of the wedding was the touching vows the couple created for each other, or the best man and maid of honor speeches, or the stellar drink, chow and music. Those were all excellent, but my favorite part of the wedding was when my blog came up during cocktail hour.  Several relatives raved about my Christmas letter and were besides themselves when they found out I had a blog.  I emailed them the link and I’m expecting a massive hit count any day now.

I’m currently #12 in my March Madness pool, but I’ll move up to third if Kansas takes their next game, only to be surpassed by my nephew and #1.  The Wolv held the early lead, but his judgement was clouded by his Michiganderness. Make sure to send me your $100 entry fee as soon as possible and remember that the split is 20% for first place, 20% for second place and 60% for third.

I’ve been giving the blog name taxonomy a bit of thought lately.  Earlier in the tournament The Wolv could have taken over the #1 title, and we’d rename #1 The Exec as The Exec has advocated for previously.  But #1 will be retiring shortly so I’d have to call him the Ex-Exec.  So, what would I call the Exec?  The Sonoma RV Warrior?  And the Hotelier isn’t even running a hotel anymore.  Maybe I’ll give them all bar names and be done with it.

I know you’ve come here for investment advice but unless you read this before the market closes today, you are SOL.  I put my vast stock analysis skills to use today and bought a LULU $340 put.  I can either brag on tonight’s boys call, based on after-hours activity, or get a pile of shit.  At least I won’t get a pile of shit for not having blogged lately.

Nina Agdal got not one, but two Yahoo articles today. Of course, her abs were mentioned, but it also happens to be her birthday, so she said 30 is the new 20.  Who the hell is Nina Agdal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home