DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, January 24, 2022

SF vs. KC Super Bowl?

I got pasted in the playoff pool on Saturday, losing 11 points on GB and 6 on TEN.  Having been a brie and Chablis Niner fan for 30 years plus, I should have known better than to go against the home team.  I made a rebound yesterday, picking both winners.  The Rams seem to have a problem with letting teams catch up on them, so my dough is going on the Niners this week.  I had to forego the second game as we were invited to the Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society in HMB by members of Unc and Mashie’s Belmont mafia.  We saw a great jazz septet as the sun set over the ocean. We did catch just the end of the KC/Buffalo game afterwards, and what an end it was.

My wife bought a potting bench that she asked me to help her put together Saturday.  We opened it and found a pile of broken sticks with nails sticking out of them.  So later this week my wife will be asking me to help her return this pile of detritus to the Home Depot.

I headed to the posh club yesterday morning, on the outside chance I’d be able to grab a lane.  To my delight, there were only two swimmers there, so I was able to do my laps.  I then took a soak in the hot tub.  As I was walking to the locker room, I tried to put my ear plugs in the suit’s rear pocket as usual, but something seemed off.  I arrived in the locker room to find a large tear in my trunks, which must have at least partially exposed my right butt cheek.  This was disappointing not only due to my modesty but the fact that my left butt cheek is the better one.

In case you didn’t know it, Adele is sad.  This time it is because her Vegas concerts were postponed.  My sister wants her to quit her whining, but I cannot get enough of all things Adele.  I’ll be in line for tickets when they get this all hashed out.

Peloton has run into a rough patch.  Their stock tumbled last week and now they are pissed that a character in Billions had a heart attack on one of their bikes.  Also, activist investors are calling for the head of the CEO.  You know what all this means, right?  PTON PUTS.  Get yours before the February 8 earnings call. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home