DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Say What?

Back when I was a lad of 9 or 10, I had a neighborhood pal.  We did a few unwise things together, like ring every doorbell in our apartment complex.  We also spent a lot of time beating the hell out of each other.  Our parents were of like mind that this was legitimate political discourse.

What I see in my quick review of the Twitter machine today is that a lot of folks think that McConnell and Pence know that something is coming and are not buying the bullshit the RNC is selling.  I hope they are right. I’d love to see The Orange Duce in an orange jumpsuit but, barring that, if we can at eliminate him from the ’24 race and keep his loonies at bay, I’ll be satisfied.

We had our boy’s call last night, but it was just the numbers and me, with a cameo from The Belgian.  TCG has not been with us for two weeks straight.  I’m not sure if he’s pissed that he’s not gotten a blog mention recently or that I sent my wife up to his Tahoe house for a few days last week.

We’re heading to Palm Springs tomorrow as guests of The Wigs.  Mrs. Wig asked my wife if there were any grocery items we’d like, so I obliged by sending a list including ribeye steaks, foie gras and caviar. We’ll spend Super Bowl LVI with them.  I lost a double sawbuck to The Wig on the SF/LA game, so we’re going double or nothing.  I have the Bengals.

I bought a single $5 item at CVS today and walked away with the below receipt.  It measured 3’ 7”.  They happen to be reporting earnings today and will be announcing a special expense for receipt paper. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home