DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Back to Back

I had it on my crowded calendar to do my Medicare registration paperwork today, but I felt it was more urgent to provide you another post.  I’ll face the bureaucracy tomorrow.

#1 told me yesterday that, going forward, he will only read posts that have him in them.  I hope he enjoys this one because I’ll bring him up again in 2023 if I’m feeling particularly charitable.

I had planned to mention in my December recap yesterday that #1 invited the villagers to a private screening of Spider-Man: No Way Home at Tanforan.  We watched Spider-Man: Far from Home the night before at home in preparation.  I caught about a half hour before hitting the sack.  We did have a good turn-out at Tanforan and I’d like to thank #1, especially since I don’t expect to be speaking with him any time soon.

He also sent me a note about this particular social phenomenon, which signals that the end of days is not far off.


This reminded me of the time many years ago that this song came on the car radio.  I was with my wife and daughter, and I soon began singing “Jar of Farts”, which they surprisingly did not appreciate.


I just heard the term “flurona” for the first time today.  It is a combo of COVID and the flu.  This is what came to mind.


Trump has yielded to sanity and called off his 1/6 press conference.  His toadies were able to convince him it was a bad idea. Maybe they could suggest he take a long walk off a short pier.

That’s all folks.  I’m off to the posh club to do my laps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home