DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Gavin Stays

Larry Elder and any Republican passing off phony election fraud claims can kiss my ass.

I went back on my word and yanked #1, The Wolv and The Wig off of the blog email list so I could force my posts on a few unsuspecting victims, like my siblings.  I know that in their heart of hearts, the subtractions and additions will forgive me some day.

The wife and I flew to Seattle Thursday to attend the wedding of the Belgian’s middle daughter, a good friend of our daughter.  We took the light rail from the airport and TCG met us for our walk to their hotel.  The four of us then drove their rental car onto the Bainbridge ferry and checked into the Poulsbo Inn.  That evening we headed to quaint Scandinavian themed downtown Poulsbo to dine at the Burrata Bistro with the TCG, Bankers and the numbers.  The girl and her girlfriend arrived late from their Portland drive, but we had ordered ahead for them.

Our waitress was quite a lively one, so she and the good food and large cocktails made for a great evening.  I handled the bill, which came to an even grand, so I told everybody it was $100 per person.  The Banker, a professional whiz with numbers, pointed out to me that there were 12 diners, not 10.  Another of my revenue enhancement measures foiled.

On Friday at 3:30 the crew hopped on the shuttle bus to head to the wedding.  This was the American version, as the original was celebrated in Belgium a few months ago.  This ceremony, a Cherokee rite, was headed by the groom’s grandmother, who was present, and her brother, a tribe elder who joined remotely from Oklahoma.  It was a heartwarming event as well as a cultural education.

Afterward, the celebration kicked into high gear, with signature mojitos, champagne and other beverages flowing freely.  The well poised sisters of the bride, the best man and the groom’s mom gave touching speeches.  Then the Belgian and his wife did a humorous back and forth during their tribute.  I plan to hire them when my wife and I renew our vows.

The music kicked off with my theme song, SexyBack.  I did a little dancing but didn’t have as much pep as the last wedding, but that was made up for by the bow-tied Belgian, who was relentlessly cutting a rug with anybody within arm’s length.

There was more fun to be had on Saturday.  We ferried back to Seattle and met up with The Hoteliers for a toothsome lunch at the Oddfellows Café.  We had to show proof of vax to get in, and we were all for it.  We got seated in this cool courtyard, which we had all to ourselves


We then went to Optimism Brewing to try out several of their selections.  They were all good but the last one I tried, a stout, topped my list.  After that, it was a hug-o-rama as the Hoteliers headed off to the airport.  We then checked into the Marriot, where got to take advantage of TCG and Katie’s friends and family discount, courtesy of their older son’s significant other.  We joined the TCGs at Anthony’s Pier 66 for dinner, which was very good.  We had considered treating them for the hotel discount, but the ROI didn’t warrant it.

We’re all back home now so it is time to discuss celebrity news.  Madonna, always classy, was showing off her 60-something butt at the VMAs.  But the big news was the loathsome Met Gala, as the outfits become more bizarre every year.  Kim K. was sheathed head to toe, Lil Nas X had a triptych ensemble, and Naomi Osaka sported a special view-blocking hairdo. What a collection of chuckleheads!  Oh, and conservative radio show hosts continue to drop like flies.

To close, you can peruse the idiotic tweet from Nicki Minaj and the amusing responses on this thread.  I’ll let the HuffPo have the last word.

https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1437532566945341441



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home