DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, June 19, 2021

High and Dry

People are abandoning me left and right.  #1 headed to the East Coast, just because he hasn’t seen his SB1 for a year and a half.  I asked him if he wouldn’t rather spend quality time under my pergola, and the answer was a big NO. He threw me a sop by inviting me for a butter chicken dinner next Friday, but I may hold a grudge.  This event was supposed to take place at his SF abode, but he invited himself over to The Belgian’s house instead, which suits me fine, as it will allow me to luxuriate in his hot tub.  This will be a pure bachelor event, as his wife has headed to, wait for it, Belgium.

Come Monday – a great tune by the way – the wife heads out for a week.  She and Charlie are driving to Mass, where Charlie will be residing.  My wife will take it as far as St. Louis, where she will be replaced by Katie, who will get her the rest of the way.  I suggested they take a visit to see these folks while they’re out there, but to be careful.  They are armed and clueless.


So with the wife gone for a week, I may focus a little more on the blog, which means you could see a post or two this week.  My goal is to get the hit count into the high single digits.

Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there, or to harken back to my 5/12/07 post, those that act in a fatherly capacity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home