DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

All By Myself

The wife left for her week-long road trip Monday afternoon.  The pic below is how I showed up for yesterday’s video call with the FC boys.  I told them I had been crying since she departed, and I didn’t want them to see me that way. I could also throw in the line about waiting by the front window for her to return, but I’ve played this meme to death on previous posts and won’t use it again until the next time she goes away.  Hey, it’s not like I’m getting paid to write this crap.


Did you see the heartwarming Father’s Day message from Trump? He used it to call out losers and RINOs.  There was also news that he wanted to use the DOJ to have SNL stop teasing him.  I don’t think the framers would approve of that one.  We have a lucid president now, but most political news still bums me out, starting with the sclerotic Senate.  If we can flip a couple seats in ’22, we may get on the right path. I’ll provide one more tidbit before I change the subject.  I saw that Seb Gorka was harassing mask wearers at the post office, asking them why they were wearing one.  One wag responded that he would have told him, “Because I don’t want anybody to think I’m a Republican”.

I spoke with The Wig last week.  He mentioned feeding me blog ideas, but quite frankly, I have not seen any evidence of that since he brought up the Gurzanski / Clooback contretemps, so you can toss him a little blame if this post is boring you.  His brother does ping me occasionally on the FB IM with juicy tidbits.  We’ve discussed Bennifer 2.0 at length.  But The Wig is providing SB1 with some lodging in Chicago next month, so I got no real beef. We’ll be visiting the Wigs at their new Richmond home come August.  He buys and sells real estate about as often as I trim my beard.

My sister and I are in it to win it.  Our old man liked to play the ponies, but sis and I roll the dice in the options market.  We had a big hit recently on Zscaler but lost some on Crowdstrike.  We have a very meticulous approach.  We check who has an earnings report coming up, look at our horoscope, and then purchase some puts or calls.  Netflix is our next quest, and things have been looking good on that one.  I might chicken out and dump my calls before earnings if it keeps going up.  I do this mainly so my kids don’t end up with too much dough when I croak. I was going to make a “boomer cash” joke at their expense on FB but decided that might lack decorum.

I told my personable trainer that he was going to get a blog mention.  He’s not a blog aficionado, but maybe I can get him on board by saying something nice.  He gave me a T-bone a few months ago.  I froze it since the wife is off red meat.  I pulled it out recently and grilled it up.  Due to all the jerked chicken I cooked at Charlie’s party, I had quite the flare up.  The T-bone was well charred but still came out great.  I got three meals out of it, having it with salad and homemade bleu cheese dressing for two lunches.  I was also motivated to clean my grill, so PT continues to be a motivator.

There’s been some Foster City news lately.  The Chron article below is a good one.  SB1 could not get past the paywall, and he asked me if I support our local paper.  I said I do not, but I am trying to convince several hedge funds to buy The Chronicle, fire everyone, and sell it off for parts.  Even closer to home was the trash fire on Grebe.  If I had known about it in real time I would have gone over to gawk.  Regarding that last one, I first became aware of myself in Foster City in August 1994.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/projects/2021/san-francisco-bay-area-sea-level-rise-2021/foster-city/

https://www.facebook.com/FosterCityPolice/posts/10159111815494318

https://patch.com/california/fostercity/amp/cal/20210621/1078954/meditation-becoming-aware-of-oneself-in-foster-city


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home