DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Ciao Luglio

I did not like the thought of going one for July, so I’ve decided to step up and put out a mediocre blog post. I saw recent hits from #1, The Wig and The Wolv so I needed to give them something to groan about. Plus, my hands will be full next month when Trump is reinstated.

I keep up with celebrity news, which is why I focused on the headline which informed me that Christina Haack, star of Flip or Flop, smoked toad venom, which helped her chronic anxiety, made her less egotistical, and prepared the twice divorced 38-year-old star for a relationship. Whoever’s the other half of that union is one lucky guy.  I’ve never tried toad venom, but I plan to research whether those cube shaped wombat turds have any positive qualities.

I also saw that Chrishell and Jason from Selling Sunset are now a couple.  The headline said people don’t know how to handle it, but I feel I’m dealing with it pretty well. I’m just concerned how #1, The Wig and The Wolv are doing with it, as well as if they are keeping up with all the skimpily clad Kardashian pics and the daily toned abs articles. What bothers me is the paucity of underboob coverage, so to speak.

We are heading to the Jersey shore in a couple weeks.  We’ll meet up in DC to spend a few days before driving up to Stone Harbor.  My in-laws always get a big place there, so we’ll hang with them for the week.  The place will be overrun with millennials, but this boomer always draws energy from today’s youth. I love the beach, but I have to make sure I do not spend too much time in the sun, because it reacts with the DNA-altering robots that are in my COVID vaccine.

Regarding millennials, you often read articles how they are addicted to their smart phones.  This becomes painfully obvious when they almost run you over on the sidewalk.  My trainer is concerned with what this will do to them in the long term, especially their neck.  I’d have to agree with him.  I also thought I heard him reference a skaneateles muscle, but then realized I had confused it with an upstate NY town. But smart phone addiction is not a problem for me, as I’m addicted to my desktop.

Have you heard the term “layaway” recently, as in “I have it on layaway at Nordstrom”?  Of course, you haven’t.  I remember hearing it when I was a kid, but I don’t think my folks ever bought anything that way.  I guess credit cards made it virtually obsolete 50 years ago.  Why was I thinking about layaway?  Because I’m a deep thinker, damn it!

We had driveway cocktails in our backyard recently.  We were chatting about San Diego, probably because we were heading down for the wedding.  My wife brought up the Gaslight District and one neighbor cracked that it was not really there.  I thought that was clever and deserved a blog reference.

See ya in August

3 Comments:

  • At 7/31/2021 3:18 PM, Blogger SkiKirkwood said…

    Since I'm reading your blog from a SpaceX Starlink satellite connection my location probably shows up as Kansas or something. I just wanted you to know, it's the UK.

     
  • At 7/31/2021 3:36 PM, Blogger DJ said…

    It actually shows up as San Jose. Thanks for checking in UK.

     
  • At 8/01/2021 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wombat turds, hah! I smoke dry roasted smeg loaf out of a bong made of a PBR can.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home