DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, March 19, 2021

Let the Madness Begin

My wife is having “girl events” tonight and Sunday, so I am feeling a little left out.  I’ll have to console myself with NCAA basketball. Most of the chuckleheads that read this are in my tourney pool, so you know I got the Zags taking it all.

One guy that will not be invited back next year is #1.  He just busted my chops about not having a post up for a couple weeks.  He is nothing but insensitive.  Perhaps he does not realize what I’ve been going through with the ARod / JLo drama.  Are they on or off?  Are they taking a break? Are they practicing self-care?  I will be seeing #1 this weekend, but if he reads this before then, he’ll understand why I am not speaking to him.

In other celeb news, there's an article in the Daily Beast today about the Kardashians that "reveals their stunning COVID hypocrisy". I was taken aback.  Here’s an idea: pool your ill-gotten gains and do some real charity work.

They had to remove a Trump wax figure in San Antonio because people were punching it in the face, so it looks like Texas is trending in the right direction.  If Beto or Matthew McConaughey can give Abbott the boot, all the better.  And the unctuous Ted Cruz is up for re-election in 2024, so let us eject him as well.

My buddy JS posted this on FB.  It is a keeper.

https://www.facebook.com/100063318244196/videos/501356120863735

You may recall from my 2/24 post that I mentioned bringing back dinosaurs.  It looks people will be working on that.  My application is in.

https://reviverestore.org/funding-opportunities/woolly-mammoth-revival-fellowship/

FYI, I made a kickass Sole Piccata last night.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/22/2021 7:18 AM, Blogger The-Hamiltons said…

    You should understand that I am your muse with whip. I take my role and it's responsibility seriously. So just do your job, at least once every two weeks. That is all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home