DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Can I Get Your Digits?

This is one of those bittersweet telecom stories.  650-571-9360, which began life as 415-571-9360 in August 1994, is no more.  It ceases to exist.  It has been our home phone number for almost 26 years, but we have decided to jettison it.  One of the many perks of being the Titan of Telecom is that I have not had to pay for it for the last seven years, but for some reason I got an outrageous $18 bill recently.  That and the fact that it has not been connected to an actual phone pretty much since construction started in March was why we bid it adieu.  My bud TK told me he only keeps his active for the telemarketers.  Badda boom.  He’s always been a kidder.

Shall we move on to politics?  I know it is painful.  I feel like our president is not on board with the historical social change that happening now.  However, even a completely tone-deaf asshole like him moved the date of his Tulsa rally so it was not on Juneteenth.  The inimitable Kayleigh McEnany stated that “The African-American community is very near and dear to his heart.” One columnist wrote “What kind of cankered brain does a person have to have to stand before the world and utter that sentence?"  I second that. Kaleigh was also vocal about not renaming military bases named after Confederates.  This is what happens when you are the mouthpiece for an execrable grifter.  One pundit suggested a Camp Bin Laden.  Ouch!.  Lastly, I’ve referred to Trump as Orange Duce before, which I believe I stole from Charlie Sykes, but now Spike Lee has stepped in and referred to him as Agent Orange. That fits.

I’ve been a little behind on the celeb news lately.  I should be scouring people.com etc. but I just have not had the motivation.  I did see that Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez introduced the world to their new goldendoodle puppy. That is so cute!  Have they decided who gets custody when they break up?

That’s about it.  I was thinking about holding off until I had a few more thoughts, but then I remembered that I have a video chat with the FC boys tonight.  I don’t want to hear any crap about how long it’s been since my last post.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/14/2020 8:54 AM, Blogger YoTK said…

    Plus, I’ve kept the hardline phone cause that’s the only line the mother- in-law calls!!

     
  • At 6/14/2020 8:58 AM, Blogger DJ said…

    Change is hard when you are old. I know from experience. Thanks for visiting the blog TK.

     
  • At 6/23/2020 10:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    ARod and J-Lo will never, ever break up..do you hear me? Never.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home