DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, April 24, 2020

Almost A Cleaning

I almost mainlined some Clorox this morning until I found out that POTUS backtracked on his statement, claiming it was all a joke.  He was apparently using sarcasm on us.  People, is this any way to run a country?  Of course, it isn’t.  This is The Madness of King Don.  Get the hook, invoke the 25th amendment, and let’s move on. However, I am open to getting some UV rays, if not another "very powerful light", such as I’ll be doing at the usual Friday driveway cocktail party on Gull.

I got up at 4am yesterday to drive my bud The Exec down to Santa Clara Kaiser.  He had open heart surgery yesterday and came through like a champ.  I spoke to him last night.  I’m a little insecure so I asked him how many people he called before me.  He said I was the first non-family member, which was good, because it’s all about me.  It was interesting conversation, as he was on drugs and I was on Zinfandel.

It looks like the girl is coming down this weekend to shelter in place with us.  She got the okey dokey from her employer, so I imagine she’ll be here for a few months or until we drive her back to Portland with our geezer lifestyle.  We just got a second toilet installed yesterday so the timing works.  She does not eat meat much anymore but when I suggested a steak dinner for her Sunday, she was all over it.  Maybe I’ll throw in a vegetarian option this week as well.  To be honest, I cannot get enough plant-based protein.

I gotta do the grocery shopping this weekend, so if I can get my hands on five pounds of bacon or so, I think I’ll grab it, but I get the feeling I’m going to be too late.  Maybe I’ll pick up some TP or hand sanitizer instead. I’ll be cooking for three for the foreseeable future, so I need to take that into account.  Hopefully there has not been a run on tofu.

Is it time for an interesting telecom story?  I think so!  I posted this one on my FB recently, stating I was waiting for a call from 1965.  How funny it that? OK, swing and a miss.  We are currently connected to our land line with this baby I bought on eBay, but I think the time is rapidly approaching for us to dump said land line. This is not easy for me to say, as I was born in the 50s and have always had the greatest affinity for plain old telephone service, as we call it in the business.


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home