DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pabulum For My People

#1 and wife were over for pizza Friday. He headed to Tokyo for a couple weeks yesterday morning and promised me some blog hits from Japan. They came in shortly after midnight, so he's spending his time productively.

I mentioned on FB last weekend that the siblings were coming over for dinner and that I was hoping for the best. Wasn't that cute? I made the old standby, chicken piccata. i have to retire that recipe for a while. We all got along famously though.

I reupholstered the Volvo yesterday. That black duct tape is only a few shades off.

I see that Mama June and Sugar Bear have gone their separate ways. Apparently they are trying "to figure things out". I think it will be a very long time before that pair figures anything out.

The beer of my youth, Pabst, aka PBR, has been sold to the Russians. A shitty beer is about to get worse. I'm sure this has upset hipsters throughout the land.

Celebrity Baby Name or Kentucky Derby Winner? That was a skit a comedian on Letterman did a few weeks back. I did swimmingly due to my celeb baby name acumen.

The Wig's second son is moving out to the Bay Area. I said he could stay at our house for a while.  I only have one rule, which I adopted from the movie Stripes. "Don't touch my stuff!".

Ever hear that STP song "Take Time With A Wounded Hand"?  Probably not, because the song is called "Creep" in which the former is a line in the chorus. I just found this out today. Radiohead's "Creep" is more prominent, per Google. This is fascinating stuff, isn't it? I bring this up because I sliced my thumb real good a couple weeks ago. I didn't feel like going to the ER so I sewed it up myself. Quien es mas macho? Actually there's an urgent care right here in FC that took care of it. I got the stitches out Thursday.

Since I can go back in the water, I took a swim early this morning. 8am is a good time to grab a lane at the posh club on a Sunday, in case you were wondering. I took SB2 there yesterday for a game of "chuck the kid".  A lady nearby jokingly inquired as to who was getting the workout.

Here's a link for a vacation idea. I don't think it would be applicable to any of my readership but I thought I'd throw it out there. It's lovely in August. You can catch the races and get consciously uncoupled.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home