DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, March 20, 2011

That's A Wrap

I just finished up my weekly column so I'm going to throw some stuff up here to hit the SLA. I was thinking about bagging said SLA but I'll hang in for the time being.

The mystery of my Kew Gardens reader is solved. It's the Phoenix Flyboy, who maintains a crash pad there along with many of his Delta colleagues. He's also responsible for some of the international hits I occasionally get. DJ's Detritus thanks you, Phoenix Flyboy.

March Madness is in full bloom. The Michigan/Duke game is on in a couple hours and both The Wolv and I are hoping Duke, or The Dukey Boys as he calls them, will be eliminated.

Currently in the village pool, #2 is #1 and #1 is #2. I like the symmetry of that, but then I'm easily amused. Wifey currently occupies the #3 spot, but she picked Pitt to take it all, so she's toast. The only people I'm ahead of are those that didn't fill the form out properly and thus have 0 points. I'm at the end of the bench, just like my high school hoops career.

Regarding the work pool, which involves cash, I'm faring better but still have no chance. However, I'm proud to state that SB1 is in the lead there and currently holds the highest possible point total . In a nod to his old man, he named his bracket "the billionth bracket". That's my boy!

I realize that Valentine's Day is a month behind us but I wanted to share a sweet story. My wife bought me a very romantic gift and I've been a bit choked up since then, and only now can I bring it up without misting up. Along with a touching card, she gave me a rice cooker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home