DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, September 03, 2010

London Calling

I thought I had mentioned in a previous post that we got a new phone a while back, replete with caller ID, but a blog search ends up with bupkis. This gives our household a late 20th century update. We now have the ability to ignore all the calls originating from toll free numbers or "unknown callers". However they don't seem to take the hint after continually getting the boring message on my machine.

Anyhoo, I've been feeling a little impish lately, so when one of those unwanted calls come in, I've been answering "Pinky's Pizza" - a nod to my bud Dr. Joe - or "Department of Miscellaneous Information". I then hear crickets. Readers, I need to know if this makes me a bad person. I sincerely hope not. I like to think of myself as a good husband and father, a loyal friend, and a minimally invasive co-worker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home