DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Chronically Moronic

I'm pissed. I hear skinny jeans are on their way out. And this is right after I bought a pair to go with my hip hop abs.

After my last post, 4M pointed out that the "Starbucks handle" has been in existence for a while.

http://tinyurl.com/2fx9pap

I also forgot to mention that he noticed my new hairdo, as my FC pals did last night. What an ego boost! I'm walking on sunshine.

We had a Peru trip meeting last night at The Exec's house. A bunch of us plan to go to Machu Picchu next June. One group will be doing a several day hike while the others will hang in Lima and Cuzco and then take a train to the Incan icon. This latter group is referred to as the "watchers and eaters". I think #1 came up with that one. I like it! We opened with Pisco Punch and everybody made a great South American dish, including Churrasco with Chimichurri Sauce, a primo quinoa salad, and a fish soup and chicken dish which I didn't catch the name of, but nonetheless enjoyed immensely. These were all paired with a fine Argentinian Malbec. My wife and I teamed up to provide Leche Asada for dessert. The only downside of the night was the discussion of altitude sickness. No Pisco Punch for you DJ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home