DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hot Enough For You?

I can't take the heat. I'm a weather wimp.

I got a comment on my last post from AMS, who represents the vast majority of my international readership. Big Brother is indeed watching. She was referring to my Statcounter mention. This tool tells me how many hits I get and where they come from. On the days I see goose eggs, I fall to pieces. Since September 2006 I've had 22,974 hits, 288 this month alone. Can you say monetize?

Have you ever been stuck behind a gaggle of teenagers ordering up a heap of frappuccinos at Starbucks? It happened to me today. For this reason, as well as the Seattle behemoth's - Seattle's Beast? - weak brew, I prefer Peets. But I was on my way to 4M's house to pick up my tomato bounty and I had to settle.

Any number of topics will come up when 4M and I get together. Forty years of bitterness tends to engender that. He explained to me his concept of the "Starbucks handle" so one does not have to use their real name. His is Bob. He said he wanted to create a large symbol to carry with him on his coffee runs so he could say "My name is this unpronounceable symbol". I then enacted the clerk's reaction, slugging him before grabbing two beers and jumping down the emergency chute. Did I ever mention I have one of those chutes in my cube?

The garden is now in full bloom. I'll be heading back to downtown San Jose for my love apple fix soon enough. TK and The UK want some too, but they ain't getting any.

1 Comments:

  • At 8/27/2010 9:06 AM, Blogger Jim Ambras said…

    Not getting any? Check this out pal.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/jim.ambras/MalSTomatoes?feat=directlink

     

Post a Comment

<< Home