DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, June 25, 2010

My Hood

I have to keep this brief because a buddy is holding my place in the iPhone line.

I'm thinking of moving.

I came home today with my wife and there was a flock of zealots right in front of my house. I'm not sure if they were Jehovah's Witnesses or some other variety, but I didn't want to chance an encounter, so I went to park a house up. After they moved along, I made a couple u-turns to get back in front of my house. Unfortunately there were still two lingering in my doorway. Tricky bastards. I sat out front, averting eye contact, wondering what to do next, with the wife cackling at my indecision. I then pulled away and drove around the block. When I came back, they had made their way up the street. A deep sense of relief came over me.

Earlier this week, we were driving up our street. There was an older couple walking Fifi. The man was standing aside with a bag of dog doody. His missus was stooped over, wiping the dog's butt. Puhleeeeze!!

Be grateful you don't live in my neighborhood.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/28/2010 9:12 AM, Anonymous skikirkwood said…

    Hey Buttwipe, you are clearly you are not a dog owner. Some dogs have mushy poop - they can't help it. And if you don't wipe their butts the problem gets worse and worse. Then you have little bits of poop that fall out in the house after the walk. So, you have no choice, you have to wipe their butt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home