DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, August 27, 2007

DJ's Blog Club

We had a reunion party at The Exec’s house for the families of the kids that went on the Costa Rica trip back in June. One of the moms referred to me as “Ceviche Man”, a name I’ll wear with pride. Later in the evening, TCG, The Exec, #1 and I had a round table discussion on my blog, because that’s what we do when we get together. I’m thinking of formalizing this, perhaps meeting monthly. We’ll call it DJ’s Blog Club. This will give them a chance to share their feelings as well as vie for more ink. Since I’m also a telecommunications wizard, I’ll set up a conference bridge for these events, so my far flung readership can join in. Sorry Annie, the bridge will only work in the domestic U.S.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have to admit that I made a real whopper of a mistake with that DS3 I mentioned in my last post. I had expedited the hell out of the order, because I have the power, so the telco (that’s shop talk for phone company) got here late last week to install it. The problem was that I had assumed that my three year old low end Dell PC was DS3 compatible. I wasn’t thinking. I got on the horn with TCG and told him I needed help. He said he’d be right over and that he always carries a spare DS3 card in his hybrid SUV. He got that in in no time so I’m now cruising the web at speeds unparalleled in greater Foster City. The only down side was that I shouldn’t have watched TCG do the install. Remember that refrigerator repair man skit with Dan Aykroyd from the early days of SNL?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home