DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nekkid

What's with all the mainstream nudity these days? 71 year old Sophia Loren will appear in next year's Pirelli calendar in the buff. I've always liked Sophia but, hey, it's time to pour a Campari and call it a day. I'm a mere 49 and nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to see me naked. And if you need to escape from the media glare, what should you do? If you're Britney Spears, you pose nude and pregnant on the cover of a national magazine. That makes sense, right? I remember several years ago, I was on the outs with my employer and I had to figure out a way to patch things up. I had a grand plan but my wife dissuaded me from posing with nothing but my name tag in "Cubicle Rat Monthly". I have to admit that she made the right call.

I hope everybody is adjusting to the fact that Star Jones has left "The View". I sobbed uncontrollably when I found out but I'm feeling surprisingly good now. I guess that's because I know she'll land on her feet. We're all rooting for ya Star!

1 Comments:

  • At 7/20/2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm still trying to get over seeing you nekkid up at Calistoga all those years ago. It changed my life forever. Even so, I have to disagree about Sohia Loren. She gives me a really warm feeling down there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home