DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Nothing

Seinfeld had a show about nothing so I can have a blog about nothing. I have nothing to say and I plan to say it at length.

You might want to go grab a cup of coffee because this post is going to be an especially dull one. Wait, maybe you should forego the coffee. Ah, go ahead. Can’t make up your mind? Join the scientists. I’m hearing from CBS that coffee can trigger a heart attack within an hour in some people. The New York Times tell me it reduces the risk of “diabetes, heart disease and cirrhosis of the liver.” Starbucks is giving away free iced coffee today. I guess I should run down there. Then again...

There’s been quite a spate of celebrity break-ups lately, including Electra/Navarro and Hudson/Robinson. And the dude from Blink 182 is ranting about his split on MySpace. Damn, he’s worse than that guy from DJ’s Detritus. He ought to give it a rest and go get another tattoo. But as one door closes, another opens. Kid Rock and Pam Anderson got married last month. That one’s a keeper. I don’t have much else to say on celebrities that are still alive. Today marks 29 years since Elvis croaked in the crapper. I remember where I was when I heard the news. I was picking up a case of beer in my old stomping grounds in upstate NY. Is beer good for you or bad for you?

1 Comments:

  • At 8/22/2006 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beer is still on the good list. Just ask Osama and Whitney.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home