DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, August 06, 2024

LAMI WHAT?

I was going to send an update via email, but I decided to text folks instead about my upcoming laminotomy on August 29 as it was quicker and shorter. Therefore, most of my readers already have the scoop. The link below will give you all the deets, although it does not refer to it as a spinal canal roto-rooter like I do. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laminotomy

I’m looking forward to the procedure.  I’m hoping it allows me to ditch the cane and get back to swimming and other normal activities of a pot-bellied senior citizen with a slight limp. 

I’m flying to DC tomorrow.  I’ll get to see SB1 and LGMG’s house for the first time, as well as the knockoff Maltese Falcon I bought them as a housewarming gift. I think I am also committed to buying dinner for #1’s kid and his wife. At least that is what #1 tells me. After spending a few days there having SB1 wait on me hand and foot, we are off to Stone Harbor, NJ for a beach week with the in-laws and family along with my sister and LA. I’m looking forward to the ocean, although bodysurfing is probably not on my docket.

There’s been some activity in the political arena since my last post. The day after that dropped, Biden pulled out and endorsed Kamala Harris. Today she picked Tim Walz as her VP, who sagely started referring to GOPers as weird. The Dems have stopped shooting themselves in the foot, as Trump did in his NABJ interview. I’m not making any predictions but I’m feeling pretty good right now.

I saw the news that Aerosmith is retiring from touring due to Steven Tyler’s vocal injury.  Some headlines referred to it as “heartbreaking”. I’m not sure about that, but inevitable might be more apt, given the guy has been screeching for over 50 years.

Football season is almost upon us.  I sent in my $75 check for the pool I originally joined about ten years ago with a bunch of ATT folks. If you’d like to catch a hilarious take on each team, you can read the Why Your Team Sucks series on Defector. It is worth the $8 subscription for one month.

https://defector.com/

I may get out another post from the road, like I did from Italy, but I’m going to make sure that my pants are appropriately secured. I don’t want to disconcert anybody. And I hope everyone is having a brat summer.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home