DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, June 07, 2024

Blogger of the Year

I came home from last weekend’s trip to Portland to find that I had a new license plate holder.

This is the work of #1.  He also contributed a plaque on the pergola.  I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I’ll probably come home from a vacation one day to find my house painted neon orange.

Speaking of orange, 45 got nailed on 34 felony counts since my last post. I was delighted to see the outcome, as well as Trump’s stoic acceptance of the verdict. HA! That whiner has the entire Republican party saying that it was a rigged Soviet-style show trial, especially the weenies that want to be VP. As sane news outlets point out, you also have a Democratic senator and the President’s son on trial. To boot, I’m giddy that Bannon is headed for four months at The Graybar Hotel. If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.

You probably saw this one, where one of Trump’s supporters was railing against the verdict on the floor of Congress. I’m glad he brought his kid, who also got acquainted with MTG.


https://x.com/EbbittWilliam/status/1798341317355028888

On the home front, I saw the below article and decided I should give you an update about my relationship with my sister, especially since my bro has gotten ink recently.  The relationship is good. All the siblings are looking forward to having a fine time at my girl’s wedding at the end of the month. The wife and I were up in Portland last weekend for a Saturday night party at the soon-to-be in-laws. We got to meet a lot of family friends ahead of the big event.  We also had dinner Friday night at Amaterra, where the wedding will take place.

https://www.glamour.com/story/melanie-wilking-gives-followers-an-update-about-her-relationship-with-sister-miranda-derrick

I have to wrap up now because I’m verklempt.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home