DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, June 23, 2024

Blog Boy Speaks

I decided I have to get one more post up before I head to Portland to walk the girl down the aisle. Get ready for some rambling.

We had a nice birthday party for my geezer pal TCG last night. This will be the last year of his 60s. His wife made a tasty lasagna and a carrot cake about the size of a beach ball.  The proceedings took place at #1’s house, where he displayed his bartending skills. I was home before 9pm, as is my wont.  This is the T-shirt that Sonny boy and his wife bought me for my birthday.


Since I brought up the kids, I hope they’ve never been adversely affected by my sarcasm. Am I a bad parent?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sarcasm-parents-kids_l_664cb08ce4b09c97de2159d3

Re T-shirts, my wife buys me a lot of them, especially of places we have visited, like BVI and Santorini.  I used to make fun of this, but I’ve come to enjoy having these mementos.  This means I’ll have to find something new to make fun of her about.

Hey, did you ever get the feeling that Trump is insane? After he met with groveling Republicans a few weeks ago, he had a sit-down with CEOs. They said he was “meandering” and “didn’t know what he was talking about”. What a news flash. That doesn’t mean that the CEOs won’t vote for him, since he’ll keep corporate tax rates low. I also saw a video of Trump ranting about people setting up tents at airports because there are so many flight delays.  Just total bullshit.  And of course there’s the windmills, electric boats and sharks, oh my!  Lastly, one of his “spiritual advisers” had to resign from his megachurch for sexual abuse.  That pastor has also besmirched a good name.

In other Republican news, there was a lamentable exercise of 2nd amendment rights by a Michigan pol involving a stripper.  Maybe the Louisiana governor can send him a copy of the 10 commandment posters he’s going to plaster all over schools.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-lawmaker-arrested-chasing-stripper-180031643.html

What’s going on with the yutes? According to this article, it looks like they don’t want to do anything. If it’s true, how the heck are they going to afford tickets to the Eras tour?  Speaking of Tay Tay, the first three items in the Google entertainment news were about her. Tom Cruise was at one of her London shows, ignoring his estranged daughter’s high school graduation. He’s widely adored, but to me he’s just a sad clown. But he does have a nice jawline. I wonder if he chews facial gum.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/gen-z-increasingly-becoming-neets-111652582.html

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/facial-gum-trend-tiktok-does-170304906.html

Queen’s catalog is being sold for over $1B. As far as I’m concerned, that’s about $999,999,999 too much.

If you can today, spare a thought for Justin Timberlake.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home