DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, April 25, 2024

What Would Ryan Do?

The FC boys were giving me crap about not reporting on Ryan Seacrest’s breakup with Aubrey Paige, but I’ve got whiplash, damn it! A 4/22 Yahoo headline told me they "Have Discussed Having a Baby Amid Their 3-Year Romance".  Then People drops a bomb on me yesterday, saying they’re breaking up.  The good news from the People article is that they plan to stay in each other’s life.  Now that’s commitment.

The girls were in town from Portland last weekend for their wedding shower on Saturday. The Banker’s house was overrun with women, which is why he wisely went out to golf with his boys while Tina put on a hell of a gala. They brought back a pile of loot, which I was tempted to put on eBay. Friday night my wife and I put together a Coq Au Vin for the girls, my daughter’s future mother-in-law and her sister.  I was on my best behavior, a façade I had to uphold for several hours. The future MIL said I had a great sense of humor, proving herself to be very perceptive. Sunday the crew went into the city for brunch at Town’s End.  Some had Mango Mimosas, but I don’t go in for such things. We beat the Giants game traffic out of the city.

With all the wedding talk last weekend, I did a little brainstorming. I was thinking the cummerbund I mentioned on my 4/10 post might not do the trick, so I’m going with this on the special day.


I heard Margot Robbie is working on a movie based on Monopoly, whereas I’m working on a movie about watching paint dry.  I expect the Monopoly movie will get the same reaction as the Barbie movie did here.


I’m hitting Safeway this afternoon.  I need some jam, but haven’t decided whether I’m going with Megan Markle’s or King Charles’.

Did you hear the new Tay Tay diss track titled “Lil DJ”? I am pissed!

I was sorry to see this headline today.  For anyone who knows me, I’m all about the hugs.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home