DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, March 15, 2024

Where Am I?

As I texted to my old pal 4M the other day, I was wondering if I had died and gone to hell, or I was just at the San Mateo DMV. It turned out it was the latter. Of course, I had made an appointment.  I wouldn’t have gone anywhere near the joint if I hadn’t. The mass of humanity I encountered there was frightening, so I was on edge until my number came up.  I was applying for a REAL ID and since the name on my passport and the name on my license differ, I had to do the paperwork dance. My passport has my middle name, and my license didn’t. After making my $45 contribution, I had to get a new photo taken.  My timing was bad. I had just gotten a haircut, but one that was dictated by my wife to our haircutter.  The wife wants it longer so it can be combed back, since the girl’s wedding is coming up soon.  So after my haircut and before my DMV appointment, I gelled it up real good and brushed it back.  Since it was still pretty short, by the time the gel dried up, my hair was sticking up an inch or two.  This is the picture that will probably be on my license for the rest of my life, an Eraserhead look, except in gray.

Multi-billionaire and Binghamton grad Jeff Yass made the pilgrimage to Mar-A-Logo to chat with the Orange Duce about TikTok.  Trump had previously been for banning the app, but he had a change of heart after Yass’ visit.  I mentioned to #1 that I had seen this news on Chris Hayes’ show.  All he said was “F@#%ERS!!”. We agreed wholeheartedly. You can read more here.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/14/trump-tiktok-billionaire-donors-00146892

Speaking of #1, I tried to give him some of my peerless investment advice. I let him know Wednesday that he still had time to join me in an ADBE strangle. I had a $590 call and a $560 put.  They reported after hours yesterday and the street was disappointed, dropping the stock $80 this morning. I made a tidy profit after deducting the call cost. But in reality, it is not a good idea to give friends betting investment tips, as that could cause a contretemps. 

1 Comments:

  • At 3/29/2024 5:45 PM, Anonymous The UK said…

    You know why Adobe stock fell? Because I compete with them - and always win. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home