DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Rainy Days and Mondays

Like most normal people, my wife huddled in her home office with the space heater on this morning.  She’s generally an active senior, but she’s under the weather so I think today’s course of action is prudent. DJ, on the other hand, went to the outdoor pool at the posh club and did multiple laps on his back with the rain pouring in his face.  This was after a stretch and bike session. Yes, you are correct.  He is a BEAST.

This is my first post for February, but I do not expect it to be the last.  I have not recently caught any flak from #1, but that is mainly because he has been at Disney World for the last week.  In celebration of that, I bought some DIS puts. They report after the bell today and it is my fervent hope that they tank big time.

Yes, I’m back in the options game. I backed off a while ago after an extended losing streak, but my sister got me to put half of my remaining meager resources into some META $440 calls before earnings. Ka-ching! Now I got some dough to piss away.

There’s a possibility that I’ll be blogging from St. John’s later this month. The Wig’s brother told him to extend us an invite.  The Wig was firmly against it, as he had just seen me, but he was overruled. This will be an interesting trip.  I first met Wig’s brother in Binghamton, so we go way back. I can be cordial for a short period, like a wedding or family get together.  But three days with DJ? I’m not sure he has the constitutional fortitude for that.

So 4M shot a few blog ideas my way, which confused me because that son of a gun does not read my blog.  Once SB1 fixes the email application on this platform some time in 2027, I’ll start spamming him. His first idea was all the Taylor Swift prop bets floating around for the Super Bowl, like "will she wear an outfit made by Kyle Juszyck's wife" and other important stuff like that.  He also sent me this article, which led me to tell him I’m an old man and cannot keep up with crap like this.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/05/economy/loud-budgeting-financial-trend-tiktok/index.html

We had a home invasion a couple Fridays ago.  My wife had her work pals over for a soiree.  I dutifully stayed in my room for the duration, except to cop a chunk of lasagna.  I sometimes make a brief cameo and turn on the charm for a few minutes during these events, but not this time. I thought about asking “Aren’t you ladies glad I’m not a hugger”, but I’ll save that for another time.

I sometime bounce blog ideas off #1. I had told him a while back that I had an interesting post office experience.  The lady in front of me had a box labeled “human cremains”. I was going to ask who was in the box, but I thought the better of it.

I told you my chicken man story last time. My wife has since been to Costco to replenish our supply.  I made myself a note “chicken out” to get some out of the freezer.  I woke up the next day, before coffee, and saw it.  I briefly tried to recall what I was telling myself to chicken out of.

We went to a 70th birthday party Saturday night at Unc’s house. These events are becoming more common, regardless of the fact that I still look like I’m in my 40s. Unc tried to razz me when I was leaving.  He said he almost unsubscribed from the blog mailing list after my last post.  I told him, “You wish you could quit me.”

I’m keeping up with the latest Prince William news.  They said he was going back to work full-time.  I wondered whether he’d go into the office or work from castle.  And this is my FB take on another article.


Did you folks see the Grammys? It was nice to see Tay Tay finally get some recognition.  I liked the Tracy Chapman duet, but my biggest take away was “Why does Miley Cyrus have a career?”

GO NINERS!!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home