DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, December 03, 2023

Is That Momoa?

People at the posh club were taken aback at the elderly man blazing through his laps this morning. Some asked if they were filming a scene from Aquaman 2. It’s been my burden to attract attention all my life.

The wife was there as well.  She was an actual high school swimmer, so she starts before I do and finishes after. Remember, I’m old.

I made this fantastic dish Friday night.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021328-chicken-zucchini-meatballs-with-feta

I’m making this fantastic dish tonight. I ought to be in the kitchen now doing my prep work, but you people are more important.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021160-one-pot-smoky-fish-with-tomato-olives-and-couscous

I put these up here with reservations, as much of my readership would be flummoxed taking on a recipe that has more than three steps.

The Niners play the Eagles soon in the game of the week. 28 folks in my pool went with the Niners and 20 with the Eagles, including 6 people ahead of me, so the Niners need to avenge last year’s loss and get me out of a tie for 14th place.  If they lose this one, I may be so down you might not get another post for months. Nobody wants that.

I invited my wife to watch the game with me.  She occasionally mentions that I need to come up with things we can do together, so I’m taking that to heart.  She also says she has some ideas for the Xmas letter, so I’ll have to start cranking on that soon.

I saw this headline and had to ask myself “Is it because they are idiots?”

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/kourtney-kardashian-barker-says-she-221127615.html

In other news, I’m hoping my Massachusetts buddy makes this list.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home