DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

A Beast Does What?

Steam rose from the posh club's outdoor pool at the 8am hour. The temperature was bone-chilling, in the mid-40s. A brave DJ strode forth and dove in. Nothing can stop him.

Okay, the pool is heated, but getting out is no picnic. I got there early Monday and today.  Yesterday it was balmy by 11:30, but I’m still getting it done. Sometimes my workouts approach 15 minutes.

My brother is back on the West coast for the time being. We plan to get together for lunch, probably at Tadich, since we’re traditionalists.  I may suggest we get together on Festivus so we can do an airing of the grievances. We both have plenty, not necessarily with each other.

The Xmas letter is ready to go. I sent it to the kids for approval, which I got. I gave a shout out to TCG and Katie since they put up with me for three weeks in Italy. The wife wanted me to add walking with #1, but that was in last year’s edition.

Things went my way in the football pool this week. I went 10-5 and moved up from 12th to 7th place. I am now in the money hunt. I asked my sister for advice this week. She told me to go with Tommy Cutlets and team, which I did. Here’s this week’s picks. Take them to the bank.

LV Cin Ind Det Atl Cle TB Mia NYG Ten KC SF LAR Dal Bal Phi

My wife and I had a date night last night. We stopped at John’s Grill for a martini.  I pointed out the Maltese Falcon replica behind the bar. We ate dinner at Le Central, which was a hot spot back in Herb Caen’s day. The food is still good. We also made a stop in Union Square to see the Christmas lights.  I took this picture of the ice-skating pavilion there. Once around the rink is referred to as a “doom loop”.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home