DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, April 05, 2023

April Showers

My wife had a wedding shower on Saturday.  I set my laptop up on the kitchen counter so I could live blog it, but she kicked me out of the house before anyone arrived.  I had to console myself with a walk, a few crossword puzzles, and a tasty tempura lunch. I came back about three and half hours later and they were still milling around so I got roped into carrying some gifts to the car.

I dropped my car off at Big O tires today.  I was going to hang around the waiting room to live blog the action going on there, but the guy told me it would be about an hour and a half, which I knew would translate to at least two and a half, so I decided to Uber home to craft this gem.

In sports news, my wife’s alma mater lost the NCAA championship game.  This has been tough on her, and I’ve tried to be supportive.  Also, the Giants are 2-2 but the big news, which I’ve posted on Facebook, is that the concession stands at the Royals and Tigers stadiums have upped their game.  “Can I get you a $15 beer with that ahi taco?”

We were going to bail on the boy’s call last night as dear leader #1 was on a flight back from Iceland and #2 was going to the Warriors game.  But the Exec decided to be present, and I wanted him to feel seen, so I hopped on for a while.  The Belgian joined us as well before his one hour bike ride home.  I expect we’ll have a full retinue next week.

I saw this article this morning and was a bit puzzled.  I’m not sure if France is expecting an invasion, but a bereted grandpa with a Gauloises isn’t going to strike fear into the enemy.


In political news…




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home