DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Is Your Favorite Blogger Lazy?

Yes. Yes, he is. But I think you already knew that.

I had lunch with my big brother yesterday.  My big brother is about three inches shorter and 70 pounds lighter than me. But he’s grown a beard now, so we pretty much look like twins. We met up at the Tadich Grill. We had a good chow down to celebrate his retirement and decided we’d meet again for his March birthday at Sam’s Grill.  We want to eat at all the SF restaurants that are older than our combined 132 years.

There’s been quite a bit of bonhomie on Gull these days.  We had The Bankers and The Hoteliers over for dinner last Thursday. I had banned The Hotelier because of his wiseass remarks regarding my blog, but my wife overrode me. We made one of our new chicken dishes that the wife got out of the NYT cooking section.  She finds cool recipes and I cook them. It was relatively early night, as our guests are still working stiffs.

The day before we had an impromptu get together with #1 and Barbie.  Their son was attending a function further down the Peninsula, so they used us as a way station before picking him up. I was quite frank with #1 that I was not happy with the transactional nature of our relationship.  But then he bought us Thai food and all was forgiven.  I also discussed with him the difference between a way station and a weigh station, but my linguistic sally fell on deaf ears.

Saturday night we had the driveway cocktail crew over, but held the event inside this time due to inclement weather.  My wife made a new crock pot bean/potato/cauliflower soup that I enjoyed but she was not crazy about.  I wish she’d stop being so hard on herself.  In any case, the leftovers will be my dinner tonight as the wife is having dinner out with a friend.

That is pretty much it for the recent social calendar, so let’s talk about my medical status. I saw my GP earlier this month and all was well. He stopped short of telling me I was a 65-year-old beast, but there were no red flags.  I had an MRI this week on my bum hip.  The results came back yesterday but I'll need to await next week’s appointment to understand the results.

I’m disheartened by the fact that the lunatics are running the asylum in the House and for some reason I’ve become less interested in the celebrity world, so let’s go to the NFL.  I won $125 in my regular season pool. I was in a three-way tie for the last money spot. It was a $75 buy-in, so I’m netting $50, which is cool as the playoff pool buy-in is $40. I picked 5 of the 6 games last weekend correctly.  I’m taking KC, Phi, Buf and SF this time around.

“His name is DJ and he went to SUNY Binghamton”.  Below you will find a little SUNY humor from the internets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euyrOo_QdF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Jp9WMYjF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yih3Gx45QY8

I will close with a nod to one of my most loyal readers, The UK.  He likes pictures, so here is one of Andrew Garfield in Zegna, David Yurman jewelry and an Omega watch. My take is that the UK would look marvelous in this outfit. Remember UK, it is better to look good than to feel good.




2 Comments:

  • At 1/19/2023 4:15 PM, Anonymous The UK said…

    You're right. I would rock that look.

     
  • At 1/20/2023 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I watch The Whey Station quite a lot. (It streams on my Firestick.)
    -- Little Miss Muffet

     

Post a Comment

<< Home