DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, December 09, 2022

Xmas Looms

My annual Xmas letter has been written and should be gracing your mailboxes within the next two weeks. It is awaiting final editorial approval from my wife.

That was one hell of a comeback in the Raiders/Rams game last night.  Baker Mayfield pulled it off after being on the team for a couple days.  The only advice I’d give him is to keep his helmet on when he head butts his teammates.  I had chosen the Raiders as did all but two of my pool opponents, so the loss won’t hurt me. I’m tied for 5th and already counting my do re mi.  And Tommy Boy is coming home but I’m afraid he’ll be heading back to Tampa with another L. Here’s this week’s picks.

LV Buf Cin Dal Det Phi Pit Ten KC Sea SF Mia NE

4M and his wife came over Tuesday night.  My old pal brought some fine wines as usual.  I was most enamored of the Dehlinger Syrah. We went from champagne to white to red to port. This dinner is why I missed our weekly FCMC Zoom call, but it gave those guys an opportunity to talk trash about me.  I won’t make the next one either because Mashie and Unc are coming over for dinner. Tuesday is the new Saturday. I made the following recipe for the 4Ms.  I do not recommend it unless you have culinary skills approaching mine.

https://lidiasitaly.com/recipes/chicken-bites-potato-sausages-vinegar/

The SF Board of Supes has reversed their decision on killer robots. I guess the voice of reason in the back of their heads spoke up. On the plus side, there’s more killer robot availability to deal with the FC geese problem.  #1 and I saw a bunch of them on our walk this week, but we avoided them and their excrement to the best of our ability.

“Goblin mode” has been chosen word of the year. Need I remind the chuckleheads that came up with it that that is two words? C’mon people! And the color of 2023 is viva magenta.  I’m heading to Indochino to have a suit made in that shade.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home