DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, December 02, 2022

Da Muse

#1 said he hadn’t seen a post for a while.  You know what that means?  It is time to get writing.  He also invited me for one of our weekly constitutionals, but he didn’t specify a particular day, which led to some confusion.  This is OK as a state of confusion when talking to #1 is the status quo.

Did you see it was Giving Tuesday this week? I told several people to “gimme a f@#$%&g break”.

#1 is not my only muse.  My wife always reminds me when she thinks there is something I need to write about.  In this case it was our Monterey Thanksgiving celebration. SB1 was in town with his new bride after a conference in Portland, during which they got to visit with the girl. We went down Wednesday and spent the night. That day we went to Dust Bowl Brewing for a few beers and tacos. I had a Therapist and one of the others tried the Confused Therapist.  This is not Bud level ABV, so we walked away a tad tipsy.

We all teamed up on Thursday to produce a fine meal.  My culinary skills did not need to be employed but I did jump in to do a bit of cleaning.  My wife loves the fact that I actually like cleaning the kitchen.  It makes me feel like I have a skill set.  I imagine all married couples don’t have things go as smoothly when both sets of parents are set loose on a holiday.  The bird as well as all sides came out great, without even a hint of acrimony during the prep, and we brought home several meals worth.  The last of the turkey will be deployed in a shepherd’s pie tonight.

On my 3/16/22 post I expressed my fear of robots.  But now that the police want to use them to kill people, I’m OK with it. As I put on FB, “what could go wrong?” I bet #1 is thinking this would be a good solution to Foster City’s geese problem.


Mango Mussolini is at it again.  I saw this headline and thought to myself, “gee, I don’t think screening is the issue”. Maybe that’s just me.  There’s too much ugly crap going on in this country. I saw one article referring to Kanye as a “black white nationalist”. I know I said it back in 2016 but I cannot see Trump getting too far in 2024. 


It is week 13 and I am in a tie for sixth place in my NFL pool, which is a money spot.  I plan to keep up my stellar prognostications and end up with some cash.  Here are this week’s picks.  You can take them to the bank. I had a little difficulty with my MIA/SF pick, but ultimately I went with the home team.

Buf Pit Bal GB Det Cle Min NYG Phi Sea SF KC LAC Dal TB

4 Comments:

  • At 12/02/2022 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's with #1 appearing in 3 paragraphs? What are the rest of us, chopped liver? The guy's an overrated hack of you ask me.

     
  • At 12/03/2022 12:37 PM, Anonymous The UK said…

    I would have to agree with the previous comment.

     
  • At 12/03/2022 12:55 PM, Blogger DJ said…

    Leave #1 alone!

     
  • At 12/06/2022 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have always thought #1 was full of #2, Either that or he is a figment of DJs imagination, kinda like Snuffleupagus.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home