DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Self-Care Week

My wife headed off to Monterey for Sunday and Monday.  I decided the best thing to fight off the gloom was getting a manicure, which I did on Monday.  Tuesday brought me to the acupuncturist as well as a follow up visit for my hip.  Tomorrow, I get a massage. Regarding the hip, the MRI shows that the culprit is that darn ligamentum flavum teres.  If it’s not feeling better soon, I can schedule a steroid shot.  Otherwise, the doc says my hips look good.  I’ve always felt I had lovely hips.

We had the boy’s call last night.  The Belgian told me I was a little loud, but it is just that I get so excited when I see these guys. #1 sent a note earlier in the day that he would be on, then did not show up. We gave him a pass as he was getting ready for his Hawaii trip.  He’ll be staying in the Pineapple Suite at the White Lotus.

This morning, TCG and I were leaning on each other.  We are both deeply saddened that the Madonna biopic has been canceled.  At least we have her Celebration Tour to look forward to.  We’re trying to wrangle tickets for the whole village to go.

I sent this pic of Doja Cat, painted red and 30,000 crystals attached, to my sister.  She thought Doja was insane.  I love my sister, but she does not have her finger on the pulse of celebrity culture like me.  I think it is a fantastic look but when I discussed it with my dermatologist, she advised against it.  It might be time to shop for a new dermatologist.


In addition to Red Doja, Paris Fashion Week featured both Irina Shayk and Kylie Jenner wearing this cute lion number.  The designer clarified that no animals were harmed in its making, but surely some underpaid humans had to work their ass off to get it done. I wonder if the lion head has a place where you could stick your hand and make him talk like a puppet.  “Get me the hell out of this fashion show and gimme a couple steaks”.

Beebs just sold his catalogue for $200M.  Some of the proceeds will go to more tattoos.

I’m in 7th place in the playoff pool.  The first six spots are the money spots, so I need to move up.  As much as it pained me, I chose the Eagles over the Niners this week.  I also took KC. I’m checking to see if Nickelodeon will be broadcasting the games.


Also, for no particular reason, check this out.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home