DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Dirty Bastards

You’ve seen me use the term “FC posse” in the blog on several occasions. You can replace that with “dirty bastards” because those guys are my ex-friends now. We had our usual video call Tuesday, and they froze me out.  Geesh, you think you know somebody.  I just spent a couple weeks in Greece with several of these dudes and now they treat me like this.  #2 sent the video link a couple times.  I asked for permission to enter the chat and CRICKETS.  I envision those chuckleheads sitting there, snickering as I wait, “Oh, look, DJ wants to join the call, har har”. Screw those guys!

In other Foster City events, someone plowed into the post office. The story said they hit the accelerator instead of the brake, but I’m still a little baffled.  There’s gotta be 25 to 30 feet between the curb of the parking spots and the front door.  My take is my wife was just looking for some cheap thrills since she’s a little bored with retirement. Or maybe the COVID rebound had her temporarily addled.

I went to B of A to trade in the 55 euros I had left from our trip.  I was hoping to make it quick, but I was dreaming.  The first teller told me I had to deal with another teller, who was presently occupied, to do the deal.  I guess she had the special currency conversion training. I waited in that line for a while until I realized the current client had a few more envelopes of foreign currency to trade in. So, I went to see my friends at Safeway and came back in half an hour.  We started the process and when she told me the money would be in my account today, I thought I was done.  I was mistaken.  There was something I needed to sign.  She said the process would take about 15 minutes.  Holy shit, did they need to get authorization from the EU?

I was hoping to give you guys a solid celebrity update but all I’m seeing is the same old crap, like Paulina Porizkova getting empowered by sharing naked pictures and Dua Lipa underboob shots. I’m staying away from the Tom and Gisele saga because of my deep respect for both of them.  Nick Cannon has had another baby since the last time I wrote about him, but I get the feeling he’s not giving it his all.  Joe Louis had the bum of the month club. I think Nick ought to shoot for a baby a month.

How about that Red Wave? It was more like a red trickle.  At this writing, there’s still a chance that the idiot Lauren Boebert will be ousted, but her pal MTG made it back in. And I’m bummed by the GA Senate runoff.  They said most white evangelicals voted for Walker.  As opposed to an actual minister.  Go figure.

Lastly, it looks like my blog naming convention has caught on.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/linda-lavin-names-her-price-in-you-will-get-sick?ref=home

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home