DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Monday, September 19, 2022

Eat More Chicken Any Man Ever Seen

Turn it up to 11 and rip the knob off.


I just got the chicken breasts we use for our lunch salads off the grill.  It is one of my many duties here on Gull. We head to Monterey tomorrow to see SB1’s soon to be in-laws.  We’re bringing them a beer can chicken, which I currently have on the BBQ.  The wife is making her delish farro salad, so we’ll be providing a couple solid meals. Unfortunately, the distaff side of this couple suffered a fractured shoulder recently and we thought the chow would help.

So, if you were a curious reader, you might ask what we had for dinner last night. That’s right, chicken. My sister-in-law had given me this fab recipe months ago and I finally got around to making it. I was able to get around the firewall with a quick CTRL-P.


And if you were even curiouser, you’d inquire as to what is on the menu tonight. That would be Draeger’s chicken, mushroom and artichoke sausages, just like mom used to make.

OK, you’ve heard enough about food.  Did you see the rally Trump held in Wilkes-Barre? He seems to have some grievances. I know I’m a broken record, but they need to charge him, try him, and put him away. The scariest outliers in his base will likely cause some mayhem, but I can’t see a new civil war breaking out, as some pundits have discussed. I hope I’m right and they’re wrong.

In sunnier news, I had a decent day in my football pool yesterday. I’m currently 9-5. We have an MNF double header coming up.  I got the Bills in the first one.  In the second, I’m going against my Philly roots and picking the Vikings.

I saw this on Twitter yesterday. Fortunately, I’ve had the good sense to stay away from the product.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home