DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, July 01, 2022

Travelogue

I’ve re-read a few of my travel posts recently and have to admit they were not particularly scintillating.  However, it is not all celebrities all the time, so you’re going to hear about our recent Portland trip.

We were there last week to visit our daughter and her girlfriend.  We started our Northwest adventure at a bar named The Bible Club. After that was dinner at Relish, which I did not relish, but I am known to be cranky at times. I thought they needed to staff up and the food was only passable.

We met the girlfriend’s parents on Friday night, and everything went swimmingly.  We had a great meal and Rombauer wine was served with dinner, so I hold them in high esteem.  I’m sure the girls were nervous about this first meet and greet, but I was quite mellow as I had visited one of the area’s fine cannabis stores earlier.

Saturday was chill, with a quick visit to the Willamette River to check out the goings on.  The temp was into the 90s, so we did not spend a great deal of time outside.  We checked out an open house, which was going for quite a reasonable price when compared to Bay Area homes.  Dinner was at one of our favorite Portland haunts, La Moule.

Sunday brought us to two of Willamette Valley’s wineries, Rex Hill and Parrett Mountain.  After much consideration, the girls joined the Rex Hill wine club, which was the better of the two. We got some pizza for dinner and hung out at their abode along with their simpatico pup River.

That’s all I got on the cool city of Portland.  We’re back in the bay but I’m staying away from the FC parks for now based on this article.  

http://tinyurl.com/2su8rwc7

It looks like a few of MAGA’s finest, like Mulvaney, have finally had enough of Trump, based on Cassidy Hutchinson’s 1/6 committee testimony.  Unfortunately, there are millions of Americans who will never stop supporting His Orangeness.  Bring charges, put him in a suit that matches his face and be done with it.  Do the same with his entire cabal.

You want celebrity items? Yahoo is a good place to start.  There are always articles featuring Dua Lipa taking pictures of herself. And Elizabeth Hurley seems to have an endless supply of bikinis and lots of time to pose in them. And just so you know, Addison Rae is comfortable in her body.  My body is pretty comfortable right now as well because I had a massage this morning.

I just had a chat with the recently retired #1.  I think he has a future as a motivational speaker because I’m finally getting off my butt and getting this post up.  My next post will feature the tale of the rollicking good time I expect to have with The Wig, his son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter on the Fourth.  My old Binghamton pal is in for a surprise treat.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home