DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Saturday, October 05, 2019

Bar Names?

After my last post, I got word that Mrs. TCG – possibly a soon to be retired name? – sent it on to the village women.  Given the rash of shit they gave me, I thought my inbox would have been flooded, but I’ve yet to receive any emails from them.  I’m flummoxed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkBvsBpgGbo

I have not seen my bud The UK for quite a while.  He has been very busy, globetrotting with his new job.  I was surprised to hear he was not interested in my Seahawks win on TNF, so I asked him who’s he’s taking for the MNF clash between the Niners and the Browns.  I’m waiting for him to tell me to piss off, which he essentially did yesterday when I proposed several dinner dates with him and some of my other high school buds.  Is it me UK?

I shared all my week’s NFL picks on FB along with a brag about my 37.92 fantasy points from Russell Wilson.  I’m 38-26 for the season so I may have to go to Vegas one of these days.  My damn retirement account is just moldering anyway.

I got an email last week from SB1. I thought he was going to riff on the impeachment of The Orange Duce.  To my chagrin he brought to my attention the engagement of Princess Beatrice.  I love the royal family, but I did not think I had passed on my celebrity schlock obsession.  I should have taken some parenting classes.

I will be flying solo until the middle of the month.  I dropped the wife off at SFO this morning for her flight to Portugal. After a stop in Lisbon, she will be heading to the Azores.  I’ll be spending this time doing my telecom factotum thing and cooking for one.  The wife is traveling with a couple of the village women.  I wish I could identify them.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home