DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, June 27, 2019

Aquaman

As you know, I’m an avid swimmer, putting in as much as 15 minutes a day at the pool.  I’m generally there at the same time as a guy that has been griping the hell out of me.  I’ve decided to call him Aquaman.

It is summer now, but he still wears a full wetsuit to swim.  He also does not have a gym bag.  He keeps his stuff in a carry-on suitcase. Whatever floats your boat.  What pisses me off is that the guy leaves about a half-gallon of water on the locker room floor and NEVER cleans it up.  I’ve thrown down a few towels on his mess to try to clue him in, to no avail.  He’ll get dressed and split with Lake Erie behind him.  Next time I plan to have a chat with him.  I was worried I was going to have to learn that language required to communicate with dolphins, but I consulted Wikipedia, which told me Aquaman is "able to speak and understand any language on earth", so I got that going for me.

I caught this sad celeb news today.  I shared it with 4M, and he was as distraught as I was.  I’m thinking Mr. Hussy needs to consider a career change.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/camila-cabello-splits-relationship-coach-233553722.html

I made polenta for dinner last night.  The last batch didn’t come out too well, so I got a new recipe.  I used to make it all the time when the kids were young.  My daughter, who is currently touring Asia, still looks at the stuff with revulsion. This batch was nothing to write home about either. Tonight, the wife is having some work friends over for dinner and I volunteered to make beer can chicken for the crew.  I want it well documented so I can use it in a future squabble.

The Democratic debates started last night.  I was not too stoked because Joe Sestak jumped in too late to make the cut. But I was resigned to tuning in as NRATV was no longer an option.  In the end I just ran through 70 or so channels a few times.

The Olympics is only about 40 years behind the times

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/breakdancing-closer-2024-paris-olympics-debut

This was a featured article on Wikipedia yesterday, so I checked in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1907_Tiflis_bank_robbery

After the initial four paragraphs above the contents, someone inserted the following, but they had it corrected before I had a chance to share.  I’m sharing here, which I’m sure you appreciate.

“Cheesesteak is a favorite among these people, as they often ate it around brunch.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home