DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, August 04, 2019

Debate Club

The first thing my wife asked me the other morning was my take on the debates.  I had to break it to her that I skimmed the articles ranking the pols and “five takeaways” or “seven takeaways” but did not have much to say.  According to Wikipedia, it looks like there was one fatality.
Regardless, I’m still on the Sestak 2020 train.



The wife and I headed to the big city yesterday.  We had a good meal at the Wayfare Tavern. Beforehand, we spent about half an hour deciding if the parking spot on Sacramento St. was OK.  We like to be sure of these things. Fortunately, the meter takes credit cards because we did not have the 30 quarters we’d have to pump in for 2 hours parking.

We were then off to MOMA.  We caught a Warhol exhibit, a very cool huge mural, and some snapshots by a local dude.

https://www.sfmoma.org/exhibition/jr/

https://www.sfmoma.org/exhibition/april-dawn-alison/

We’re heading east for vacation this week.  I hear DC in August is beautiful.  We’re there for a few days and then up to the NJ shore.  I love the beach, except for all the women gawking at me in my Speedo.  I told my wife I’m bringing my laptop, as I’m concerned about my company’s stock crashing if I am incommunicado.

#1 sent me a WaPo article, without realizing that I am a complete tightwad. I got hung up on the paywall.  I think they let me have one article a month.  It’s OK though, because since it was from #1, it was probably soporific.

In solidarity with Kylie, I’m unfollowing Jordyn Woods on Instagram.

I’ll close with a belated happy 70th birthday wish for The Wig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home