DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Elect A Clown, Expect A Circus

I picked that up at my physical therapy session this morning. Just to keep you in the loop, my shoulder is doing much better.  I can sense your relief.

Our most transparent President ever had an interesting day yesterday.  Besides for his tantrum, Twitter made hay out of the sign on his podium. The President* - I stole the asterisk from Charles Pierce – also stated that he respects the courts and Congress. Sure.  I can only take small doses, or my TDS acts up.

Daniel Day-Lewis has come to mind for a few political associations.  I mentioned one of his first movies, My Beautiful Laundrette, in a post years ago.  That movie dawned on me when I read some recent news.  It appears that Deutsche Bank has served as a beautiful laundrette for Trump and one of his main henchmen, L’il Jared. I also thought of DDL and his “I drink your milkshake” line from There Will Be Blood when I saw this pic.

I guess the shake thrower had made plans for Nigel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXNhL4J_S00

In Khloe Kardashian news, she stepped out in a latex catsuit as well as showed off toned abs at the beach.  However, what I am most interested in is the fact that she is not ready for dating but hopes to marry again.  This contrasts with me being married but open to dating.

I got big plans for the weekend.  We have dinner Saturday night with The Banker and then a pack of village folks over for a BBQ on Sunday.  I hear it might rain.  If it does, I’ll send them home.  I don’t want them tromping all over my house. I just called Mollie Stone’s and ordered twenty of their chicken bratwursts.  Good stuff.  If you are reading this and were not invited Sunday, come on by.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home