DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, April 26, 2019

Uncle Joe

He’s in it to win it.  And he’ll be 78 on Inauguration Day 2021.  This is not a job for an old man.  Nor is it the job for the mayor of a small Midwestern city or several House reps with inflated egos. But we gotta somehow send the current loon in the White House back to NYC. Watch this space for future incisive political commentary.

With the shoulder on the fritz, I’ve been going to the posh club to do some water walking or recumbent bike. Boring! I saw an add there for a “repair and defend facial”.  I could use one of those because my skin care routine is best described as fuhgeddaboudit.

I was taken aback to see the headline "It’s over for Pete Davidson and Kate Beckinsale".  I have been surprised by the lack of durability in celebrity relationships before, but I thought this was a match made in heaven.  At least for Pete.

In other celeb news, Miranda Lambert named her fashion line after her horse. I named mine after my pet turtle.  Oscar has been six inches under in the backyard of my Latrobe, PA house since 1964, but he lives on in haute couture.

Taylor Swift has a new single and Avengers: Endgame is ready to blow up the box office.  I give two shits.  Wake me up when it’s over.

My birthday is next week.  No need for gifts.  Cash via PayPal is all I ask for.  And the wife’s bday is the day after mine.  Her gift is retirement, as of late June. I have to slog it out in the telecom world for a few more years. Don’t cry no tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_uyq8oGDvU

2 Comments:

  • At 4/27/2019 9:47 AM, Anonymous The UK said…

    Asking for payment via PayPal shows reveals you are a Geezer. Time to open a venmo account. Then send me $10 for the pro tip.

     
  • At 4/27/2019 10:19 AM, Blogger DJ said…

    How do you feel about Square Cash?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home