DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, March 21, 2019

I Got a Bad Wing

The shoulder has been giving me shit for a couple weeks so I went to see my friendly neighborhood orthopedist.  He gave me a cortisone shot which has calmed it down a little, but I get the feeling I’ll end up in physical therapy, which I haven’t been to since late 2018, when my lower back was zinging me.  Eventually this blog will just become a list of my ailments.

Since the shoulder has been keeping me out of the pool, I’ve gone back to the second floor of the posh club to spend some time on the bike.  My shoulder felt most comfortable when I rested my hand on my abdominal protuberance.  I felt like Meghan Markle and her baby bump.  I also did a little leg weight work at 40 pounds.  Right, I didn’t want to overdo it.

The Madness begins today.  If my count is right, we have 26 participants, many blog characters included, in my Yahoo pool.  As of this moment, you have approximately 22 minutes to get your picks in, but by the time this posts you’ll be toast.  Yale is my big upset pick this year.  I have them going to the round of 16.

But basketball is not what you tuned in for.  You want Kardashian news.  Who doesn’t?  I caught this article recently and really felt bad for Kylie.  All I can tell her is the heart wants what the heart wants.  Khloe and Kourtney have had to go through similar heartbreak.  Personally, I cannot understand why any dude would not want to stay in the good graces of that family. Thank God for Yeezy.

https://people.com/tv/kylie-jenner-hard-to-trust-travis-scott-touring/

As I mentioned on my last post, I plan to work on a book.  The working title is “Pet Rocks to Fitbits: All the Crap You Never Needed”

Anybody got a clue who greenlighted The Toe Bro?

You can listen to my new theme song as you deal with the emotional fallout of reading my blog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJcY-P-EX0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home