DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Gaffe Prone

No, I’m not talking about Uncle Joe.  I am referring to myself.  I broke one of the basic rules of Marketing 101 in my last post.  I mentioned my fashion line inspired by my childhood pet turtle Oscar but failed to quote the brand name, which is Oscar de la Reptile.

We went to the Oakland Hills Hotel Saturday to spend some time with the fam.  We were treated to filet mignon, roast fingerling potatoes and a fantastic asparagus salad.  LA had picked up some Rombauer Zin and I pried open my wallet and brought Ridge's East Bench Zinfandel.  I had just gotten a haircut that day, so before we left, I asked my wife how it looked.  She said it was “flat and splotchy”.  I’ve come to rely on her candor after 31 years of marriage.

The next day we were invited to Greek Easter at TCG’s and had some top-notch chow and drinks, including Ouzo.  I had referred to it as Greaster in my 4/3/18 post, but I don’t recall throwing that term around Sunday. However, I did treat everyone to my Scarface at Thanksgiving routine, which I had debuted at The Exec’s Easter brunch last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TsX2HvL7k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home