DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, May 11, 2018

Cocaine Mitch

OK reader, Don Blankenship and I both want to know if you are an America person.

Now that West Virginia has minimized the possibility that their next senator will be a felon, we can move on to other questions.  The first one is: Which outfits at the 2018 Met gala were your favorites?  This year’s theme was designed to piss off the Catholics.  I’m glad my parents missed it. Another burning question in these parts is when the hell will Foster City get a new post office?  They shut down the old one in January.  Do I have to go all the way to San Mateo to wait in lines and get shitty customer service?

I was down in Palm Beach last weekend, but we could not coordinate our schedules with Don and Melania.  My in-laws had us down for my wife’s 60th birthday, their 25th wedding anniversary and our 30th wedding anniversary.  We had quite the time. All the dinners were high end.  The only disappointment I encountered was at Renato’s, where I had a salmon pasta that had absolutely no flavor.  None.  I am unclear as to why I did not send it back.  Otherwise we chowed down well, and I was able to work off some of the calories at the lap pool.  Molto grazie to my in-laws.

I had a birthday recently as well.  My wife got me a Family Tree DNA kit.  It came back pretty much as I expected, except for the part that said I was 2% Russian oligarch.

There is apparently a heavily penalized NHL player that has nuzzled, kissed and licked his opponents.  I thank The Wig for bringing this to my attention, but it engenders yet another question.  Doesn’t that type of behavior in the NHL lead to getting your ass kicked early and often?

I was reading the NYT wedding announcements recently.  One stated the ceremony would be officiated by a “humanist celebrant”.  I should have thought of that.  Maybe I’ll try that when we renew our vows, which is something I constantly think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home