DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, March 09, 2018

Happy Friday

I saw #1 last night.  I also saw him Sunday night.  He moved to Singapore last year but maybe if he’d stay away from the Bay Area for more than a couple months at a time, I’d miss him.

The boys got together Sunday night like a bunch of ladies to watch The Oscars.  TCG put on a fine spread.  I ended up getting hammered, which caused me to take the hair of the dog Monday morning.  I got carried away and started calling the cable news channels.  No, wait, that was Sam Nunberg. I looked up Sammy boy on Wikipedia to see what the hell he’s done in his life.  He does have a B.A. in history.  I almost had one too but all it got me was a 30-year gig as a telecom factotum.  Sammy had some beer courage Monday, but he soon changed his tune because he does not look good in stripes.  Today’s Slate news quiz opened with the line “March Madness has arrived, and his name is Sam Nunberg”.

My bud The Wig and his lovely bride flew off to Valencia yesterday to see their youngest, who is doing a semester there.  The weather was playing havoc this week with East Coast flights, but they got out OK. Their SB2 is meeting them as well.  I gotta ask him what he’s doing with my future pal Franklin the Dachshund while away.  Being a Wig, he’s got a lot of friends that can help.

Have you ever seen those Booster trucks?  They say, "Get gas delivered while you work".  Somebody is going to have to explain their business model to me as well as tell me who the hell is too busy or important to make a five-minute stop at the gas station.  OK, you envision me as an 80-year-old in an easy chair with a glass of Zin saying, “In my day, we pumped our own gas, and we liked it”

I passed a moving truck the other day and, on the back, it said, “we sell oxes”.  I thought to myself that they need to get with modern times until I realized that the b had been obliterated.

The blog turned twelve last week and no one said anything.  Ingrates!

The flick my kid helped edit is coming to a theater near you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home