DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Sunday, April 08, 2018

Your Sunday Hogwash


I was looking through my old blog notes for some ideas to share with you today.  I’ll give you a minute to get over your surprise that I actually put some effort into this shit.

I saw on FB yesterday a post asking what term people use often that you can’t stand.  My bud Double R put “at the end of the day”, which I agree with wholeheartedly.  I commented on it in my 11/28/09 blog.

Which brings me to my notes, in which I wrote that I am also bothered by the term “space”.  I had to do some research on the webs but came up with a good corporate jargon site which defined it as “A really douchey way to refer to a market or industry.” So, I’m in the telecom space but I was thinking it would be cool to work for NASA, because then I could be in the space space.

You may also be asking “why are you putting a post up so soon after your last one, you lazy SOB.”  I’m occupying myself to stave off desperation.  My wife has been gone for 29 hours and she’s not coming back until tomorrow.  The Exec and I are getting together tonight at Ben Tre to console each other.  I’m going to suggest we trash both our houses afterwards.  That’ll teach them.

The Wig is coming out to spend the summer in West Marin. I’ll have to introduce him to some of my FC buds.  We’re looking forward to heading up there to spend a few weekends with them.  I told him I’d make my osso buco.  People are incapable of turning that down.  It will be fun to have him so close by, but I’m concerned that by the end of summer he will have grown out his goatee and started making candles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home