DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Friday, December 08, 2017

Joy to The World

The Christmas letter is done.  If you’re lucky, you’ll get a copy in the snail mail within a couple weeks.  The wife and I must fight about font, print art etc. for a while.  The kids are vehemently opposed to what I said about them, but I don’t give a shit. Happy Holidays.
Does anyone else look forward to getting junk mail that they can turn into scrap paper?
We spent Thanksgiving over at TCG’s house along with the Execs and their offspring.  Our kids stayed put but will be home for Xmas.  The TCGs put on quite a spread and we watched a lot of football. I am now tied for 15th in my pool and am resigned to finishing out of the money.

I was driving to the paradise that is Milpitas - to show my face in the office at least once in December -  when I passed a pickup truck on 101 that said on the back “God Is Not Dead”.  He may very well not be pal, but your taillights are.

Did you see what that ninny Chuck Grassley said about people spending their money on women and booze.  I am not fond of being governed by condescending plutocrats.  Hopefully the House can sink that damn tax bill.  I see Paul Ryan wants to go after Social Security and Medicare in 2018.  I cannot figure out what the hell is wrong with that guy and all his cohorts.  Do they revel in the thought of people crawling off to the woods to die?

Yo #1, I got What’s App so I ring you up soon.


OK folks, that’s it.  I’m off to the Waffle House to cook my own breakfast.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home