DJ's Detritus

A Creative Writing Class Dropout's Last Refuge

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Hanker

I know you have been hankering for a post for more than a fortnight, so I have decided to deliver.

I was off to the posh club this morning as usual, although the rain was coming down.  This did not deter the fearless swimmer in me.  As I was about to head to the outdoor pool, the lifeguard informed me it was closed until 4pm because they had to shock it.  I told him I was shocked and asked him quite forthrightly, “Was management unaware I planned to swim this morning?” The indoor pool was crowded with the usual bloc of superannuated citizens, so I had to settle for a soak, shave and shower.

This picture showed up yesterday and they were appropriately shredded on Twitter.  Lots of articles but this was the best title: "Louise Linton Clearly Wants America to Hate Her as Much as Possible"



Trumpy has not had anything to say about Roy Moore since he got back from his fantastically successful Asia trip, but he did allow the import of African elephant trophies and had a chance to bask in the gratitude of some larcenous UCLA hoops players.  MAGA


What else do you want?  Kim Kardashian news?  Of course!  Word on the street is that she did not invite the surrogate to her baby shower.  She should not feel bad.  We did the same thing. Regarding Kim’s perfume line, it grossed $10M in a day.  I’m sure that is all going to charity.  And we learned that her Paris robbery influenced the new Crystal Gardenia fragrance collection.  I wanted to take a deep dive but all articles left me wanting. I surmise it smells like crapped pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home